December 14, 2010

LONG OVERDUE!


I haven't blogged in SOOOO long due to a lot of reasons... first, going to my sister's baby showers took up a few weeks and then we found out we're pregnant! I didn't want to tell everyone until I was closer to my second trimester, so I didn't blog... babies were the only thing on my mind and so I decided to wait on blogging until I could tell everyone the news. SOOOO... want to know what the last few months have been like?
I thought I might be pregnant on my 25th birthday! I was so excited, so I called my mom and we talked about if I might actually be pregnant. I took a pregnancy test and it was REALLY faint, so I was a little worried that I might not be pregnant. Well, I went to my mom's house for the weekend (because Carl was going on a school trip for that weekend and would be out of town anyway) and I took 4 more tests (I know.... I know.... you would think ONE would be enough, but I wanted to make certain that I was before I went home to tell Carl). All the tests were positive!



I went home and told Carl by giving him a present filled with lots of stuff that said "I love daddy"
He was so excited and shocked! We had wanted to get pregnant for months and he was so shocked that we were actually going to have a baby! It was so great to tell him and he was so sweet about it.
After that, we scheduled me for doctors appts. I officially found out that yes, I am pregnant and we got scheduled for an ultrasound. Then, we went to my sister's house for Thanksgiving and got to tell that family about our pregnancy (everyone was so excited especially since my sister was 38 weeks pregnant and now there will be 2 cousins so close together). It was so fun to see my family! and if you want to see some pics, you can go to my sister's blog http://brianshelbieclement.blogspot.com/2010/12/thanksgiving.html and read all about it (she is better at blogging then I am... i tend to forget and get busy while she writes about things more often). We had so much fun visiting and when we got home, it was time for our ultrasound! Here is a pic that they gave us to take home:
I know it is hard to see, but our baby was only 8 weeks, so he/she was the size of a raspberry! That made it hard to get a really good picture but when you look at the pic in person, you can see the baby and the yolk sack. It was really fun to get to go and see and hear the baby's heart beat. It was nice to know that the baby is doing well and is actually there! (I know... it seems that I am still in a little shock since I have a hard time believing that a baby is actually inside me).
I totally FEEL pregnant though... the last few weeks have been full of being so tired and feeling nauseous all the time. It is like having the flu... you just feel weak, tired, and like you want to throw up ALL the time! Thankfully, I have not actually thrown up, just felt like it and the only way to feel better is to eat and eat and eat and eat! Here is an example of my "first lunch" i made the other day:
AND, I couldn't even finish it! I have to eat but only to where I am no longer hungry... if I am even a bit hungry or too full, i feel sick. It is so frustrating! BUT.... the good news is that I am 10 weeks pregnant now and only have a few more weeks of feeling this way!
I am so excited to be out of the first trimester and to feel more normal... don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we are going to have a baby and this is TOTALLY worth it! I can't wait to find out if we are going to have a girl or a boy (and yes, we decided that we should find out this time around).
My sister just had her baby yesterday and she is so cute!
Little Mya!!! I am an aunt and I can't wait to meet her!

2 comments:

  1. We can't wait for the growth of your little one either. We are so excited. I can't wait to start making cute bows and things if its a girl or making dinosaurs and ish I guess if its a boy, which I have a feeling it is. We love you guys and miss you so much. Keep keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I can't wait to meet little Mya either! Love you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete