June 1, 2011

34 week visit

Yesterday I had my 34 week appointment and wanted to update everyone on how we're doing.

- Miles is still measuring 2 weeks bigger than he should. My fundal height (if you don't know what that is, click here and read about it) is 36 which is a little bigger than it should be, but they say it is ok if it is within 2 weeks of how many weeks you are pregnant. That means that we are just barely measuring where we should.

- I am still gaining weight like I should... a pound a week. I am up to 10 lbs gained so far, so if I continue like this I will have gained about 16 lbs in all (which is perfect for my body and the baby).

- Miles' little heart beat is going strong.

- I have now graduated to appointments EVERY week. This is one of the big signs that he will be here so soon!

- Miles is moving and I think a little squished in there because sometimes I feel him stretch out and, although it hurts a bit, I still feel bad for my big baby in my little body.

- He no longer likes to move for Carl- or anyone for that matter. He now gets super shy whenever anyone touches my belly. If you want to feel him move, you have to be super patient and wait him out. He eventually forgets your hand is there and starts to move again... but you have to just wait patiently without moving your hand to feel the crazy things he does.

-Miles gets the hiccups at least every other day. It is so funny to feel him lightly bouncing with every hiccup. I don't think he likes them very much because every time he has them for more than a few minutes, he stretches out and moves around.

- Only 6 more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment