August 2, 2014

Logan is two months!

Our little Logan is not so little anymore! He is already 15 lbs and 24" long. 

Logan, 
   This month has been both the roughest time in your short life so far but also the best. You had a rough time figuring out sleep from about 5 1/2 weeks to almost 8 weeks. You would get so overwhelmed with all the noise and stimulation that all you could do was cry. The only thing that helped you feel better was a good swaddle blanket, your binky, shushing noises, and bouncing in moms arms. We did a lot of bouncing. Right around 7 weeks you started smiling at us. You would look at us and smile back at our faces. What a fantastic reward for us! 
     You also started playing with toys. You will sit under your play mat and hit or kick your toys for awhile. You love it! 
      Right around 8 weeks you started a new sleeping trend of actual awake times and actual sleep times. It is really nice! You are sleeping in 3 hour segments and not just here and there and being cranky. 
      You are starting to watch your brother more and more. You like to follow his voice and see what he is doing when you are awake. I'm really excited to see how your relationship with Miles will grow.  I love to see him laying next to you, talking to you because I know he loves you and that love is only going to grow as you start to interact more. 
       I love you so much. I watch to sleep and play and am so glad you are my son. I love to see your little eyelashes and lips. You are still so tiny (even at 15 lbs). I love to see your eyes light up when you notice me and the smile you give me. You like to grab the back of my shirt when I hold you and it is so sweet to feel your hands holding me back. I love to watch the faces you make in your sleep. I watch you practice being mad and happy. I hear you practice laugh and see the pouty cry face. It makes me excited for the next few months when these things will be more than practice. 
      Thank you for figuring out sleep. Thank you for giving me better night sleep than Miles did. I couldn't survive waking up each day with Miles at 6 (even though YOU sleep in until 8) without all the good sleep you give me in the night. Thank you for being so sweet and cuddly and being my little tiny boy. I love you so much. 


-Momma a.k.a Monny. 











No comments:

Post a Comment