January 26, 2011

A few belly pics



This is a picture of what I looked like the weekend after I found out I was pregnant. It is a picture of me at 1 month.

I took this one at 15 weeks.

Carl took this one yesterday after a shower at 16 weeks.

My belly is HUGE! I can't believe how it has just grown. It feels like I just woke up one day and all of a sudden had a BIG belly. The baby is about 5 inches from head to bum and my uterus is about to my belly button. It is like the baby just pushed everything up to make more room.

Yesterday I caught Carl talking on the phone to our neighbor telling him, "yeah... she's doing ok. Her belly is getting big. It seems to get bigger everyday."
To which our neighbor responded, "I don't think you are supposed to say that...ha ha."

Yeah. That comment doesn't exactly instill confidence in my body, but I know he meant it in the best way. He even made up for it by giving me a great back massage that night (while repeatedly telling me how great I look).

I haven't noticeably felt the baby move, but I really am not sure what I should be feeling. I DO however feel my uterus stretching and growing almost everyday. It is kind of like a light pinching on the sides, kind of like REALLY mild cramps (my nurse midwife said this was very normal). It is weird to feel the growing of the baby but not really feel the baby moving around. I wonder if this is just because of the position of the baby (maybe he/she really likes my back) or if I am feeling it and just don't realize. Oh well, I have read that it is normal to start feeling the baby between 16 and 20 weeks.

I will try to take more pictures, but no guarantees when they will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment