February 5, 2011

mini cheesecake

I was checking my e-mail the other day when I came upon this recipe for easy mini cheesecakes. I really feel like when I see something that looks good or read about something I can't get it out of my mind.... I MUST try it (at least until I read about or see something else that looks good).

SOOOO.... we went to the store and I picked up the few items the recipe called for and decided to make it. These were so easy! Just mix, bake, and eat. They looked so good and Carl and I ended up eating a warm one last night and then a cold one today... YUM! Here are some pictures




Here is what they looked like after baking and the cherries we put on top.
And yes, I did eat one before taking this picture... I couldn't resist!


Here is the finished product with cherries... Yum, right?

This just shows how good they really are :)


I think next time (and Carl has already requested a next time since we only have 4 more left) I will try to use mini muffin tins. These were good and really easy, but I think it would be fun to have a bite sized cheese cake, instead of a muffin sized cheesecake.

Here is the recipe I used, give it a try and let me know what you think!!
Mini Cheesecakes
Ingredients
18 vanilla wafer cookies
2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Lemon curd or fruit preserves for topping, optional


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line muffin tins with decorative paper or foil baking cups. Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.
3. In a medium mixing bowl or in the bowl of a standing mixer, add cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, then increase the speed to high and continue mixing for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups to ⅔ full.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and set. Remove from pans to cool, and refrigerate until serving. Top with lemon curd or preserves, if desired
Tips
· For a yummy variation, try substituting Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies for the Nilla Wafers, and top with raspberry preserves.
· The cheesecakes can be made ahead (without the toppings), wrapped tightly, and frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost them in the fridge the night before, and top them before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment