February 11, 2011

Pasta




So, I know I have been posting about food A LOT..... but just go with it. This is all about Pasta Salad (Thank you Lindsey!!). I normally do not like pasta salad, it is too creamy and oniony and gross but THIS pasta salad is so easy and so good!

Here is what you do:


This is all you need.... rotini, black beans (and/or kidney), corn, olives, green beans, Italian dressing, Italian seasoning, oregano, parsley
(you don't HAVE to have all of these, it is really easy to customize this to fit what you like. I have even made this with cherry tomatoes)

Start by boiling about a half a box of the pasta.

Open all the cans into a bowl. I usually cut the olives in half because I don't like a whole olive in each bite.

While the pasta is boiling, I make the sauce. I pour about half the bottle of Italian dressing into the bowl of veggies. I then add about 1 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning and add a bit of Oregano (I taste it to see if I like it, then add more as necessary)


Drain the pasta and let it cool. When it is cool, add it to the veggies and mix.

Serve chilled. It gets better the longer you leave it. I would recommend waiting overnight, but I can't ever wait that long. I usually eat it as soon as it isn't hot anymore :)

I like to serve it with sunflower seeds on top because I like the extra crunch it gives, but Carl likes it plain.

Tips:
*Don't over cook the pasta. It needs to be aldente because the vinegar in the dressing is going to cook the pasta a little more each day and you don't want the pasta to be soggy.

*When you are adding the dressing, don't worry about it seeming to be too much. After you add the pasta, some of the dressing will be soaked up by the pasta.

*If you like more corn or don't like black beans then add more or take it out... this is YOUR pasta salad. Don't feel bad about using what you have and leaving out what you don't like.


I have made this 3 times in the last 2 months. It is so good and reminds me of summer. It is so easy to make and easy to serve... no heating up, just mix it and put it in a bowl. YUM! Also, you don't have to feel bad about eating it because it is mostly veggies!

I hope you give it a try and love it like I do!! (and thanks again Lindsey, I am so glad you showed me how to make this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment