July 23, 2011

Friday Update

I know, I know... it is Saturday. BUT I am going to TRY and update everyone on Friday and I am just a day late this time (I hope it isn't a trend)


1. Miles is getting so big already. He weighed 8 lbs 13 oz the last doctor visit and is around 21 inches long!
2. He is already 2 weeks old! How time flies... I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I was in labor.
3. We are starting to put him down during the day when he is sleeping instead of just holding him and staring at him the whole time.
4. Carl and I are actually getting sleep at night. Miles is a great sleeper most nights and only wakes up once. We usually get a good 4 hours then he wakes up to feed and for a diaper change and then back to sleep for another 3 hours or so. This makes both Carl and I very happy.. we go to bed around 11 and get up around 7-8. It is so nice!
5. Miles is starting to find his voice... he isn't sure of it and can't really control it, but he makes the sweetest baby coo's (especially if he is really awake and nursing).
6. He is staying awake for longer stretches of time... he is usually up in the late morning to early afternoon for about 4 hours, then he naps, and then has another awake time in the early evening.
7. Carl and I are totally in love with Miles already. (The real reason we haven't put him down when he naps... newborns are so sweet and they aren't little for very long, so I figure enjoy while I can!)
8. Miles really likes his swing. When he is awake, he likes to stare at the fabric of the chair. It is really cute to watch him just looking at it. When he is sleeping, the rocking helps to keep him asleep.
9. Carl has already spent a week at home and only gets 5 more off of school. I am so glad he gets this time off, but I am so nervous for when he will leave us and go back to school.
10. We have had tons of visitors (yea!) and haven't even spent a night at home alone because we have had someone here each night for the last 2 weeks... my mom, Bailey, Lindsey, and now my dad and Camille are coming and staying until Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment