1. We had Miles' one year appointment and he got 4 shots. This time was a bit different because instead of laying him down on the bed and having me hold his arms and talk to him, I had to hold him in my lap and hold his whole body. I must say that this way was a lot harder on me. I didn't like holding him while he cried and got hurt. It was easier when I just held his arms and talked sweetly into his ear while the nurses did their stuff. Miles handled it like a champ though and just cried for about 2 minutes or so after it was over.
He hasn't really grown much and was only 24 lbs 15 oz (that's only 1 lb more than he was 3 months ago!) so he is in the 75% for weight for age and 78% weight for height. He was 31 in tall which is 80% for age. His growth has slowed a bunch these last three months. In fact, he is still wearing the same size he was 6 months ago!
2. Getting home from Idaho was a bit tough. We spent only two nights at home before going to visit my mom to pick up our doggie and to have one last party for Miles. We had a blast celebrating with family and having everyone see a more grown up Miles. His last celebration was so fun and Miles still hates cake.
3. When coming home again, we had so much work to do. We had to clean a whole house, do a months worth of laundry, and get our house back in order. We had to buy so much food and clean out the fridge, freezer, and pantry. It was quite the task, but now I know what food we have and can start to plan out meals again... I also found a really cool notepad of weekly meal planning at target. It is helping a bunch!
4. Carl and I also cleaned out our garage... It was so messy and so full of furniture we don't need anymore, can you say hello garage sale! So we priced everything and we are going to have a garage sale on Saturday. Hopefully we make some good money!
5. Miles is such a little man. He does new things all the time. He says new baby words and tries to be just like us. He does things he sees us do, like putting the straw in and out of a cup (with the lid on!). He also has started mouthing words. It looks like he is mocking you when he does it and it is really funny to watch.
6. We went to church on Sunday and left him in the nursery for the first time! He did really well but the lady said he cried a bit. I think we will keep doing this each weekend and start getting him used to being away from us.
7. Miles is the little chatter box! He loves to talk and talk and ask "sss dat?" "dat?" and he loves to know what everything is. His favorite thing is to have you "read" to him by showing him what stuff is on every page. He isn't really interested in the words on the page, but really wants to know what all the pictures are about.
8. We are busy with managing the home next door. The owners live in another state and since our managers moved, we are the new managers! This means that we have a lot more responsibilities than before. We have been so busy with cleaning and getting the home ready. The people left a BUNCH of stuff in the home and that leaves us with the responsibility of getting rid of it all. Carl went over yesterday and spent 2 hours inventorying all the stuff and it took up 6 pages! AAAA! It is so annoying that we have to deal with other people's stuff.... oh well, I guess that's what we get paid for, LOL.
9. It has been so great having Carl home. He has a few more weeks off and then we are starting his fourth year in medical school... I think this next year will be fun and hopefully won't be as busy as last year!
10. I am hoping to get more blogs done, but it might just turn into a monthly thing instead of a weekly thing... but here are some pics to help if you are craving a Miles fix!
Miles playing the piano with dad
Our family with a one year old!
Happy boy giving momma loves
quite the little man now, right?
Thanks Lin for taking such great pics of us!