August 8, 2011

One month old!

Happy one month to my little boy. I decided after reading this blog and seeing how this blogger wrote love notes to her daughter every month, I would write a love note to Miles each month... letting him know what things he has accomplished and what things have stuck with me.

Dear Miles,

You are now a whole month old. I can't believe it. I can't believe that you have already been in this world, learning and growing for a whole month now.... granted, you spend most of your day sleeping but when you are awake you look like you are taking in the world. Your eyes show how smart you already are. In just 2 weeks, you had already learned how to hold up your head and have practiced doing it every time you are put on someone's shoulder. You track our voices and love to just look at everything.


You LOVE bath time. Each night when you start to get fussy, either your dad or I get in the bath and take you too... you just sit in our lap LOVING every minute of being in the water. You go from being a bit fussy to really calm, wide eyed, and totally relaxed. In fact, sometimes you are SO relaxed you pee on us! It is great that you love the water. I hope you continue to love it.


Nights are the time when you are the most fussy... I think it is because you are sleepy on top of everything else. You HATE pooping.. especially in the evening. During the morning it isn't as big of a deal, but at night you scream and cry about it until you either fall asleep or just fart it out. It is so funny to watch but still sad to hear you cry. I wish there was something I could do to help you but all I can do is hold you and try to comfort you until it is over... this really is the only time you are fussy. Otherwise you have the best disposition. You are happy and alert and just love to look around.



We have started to put you under a fun play mat.. you just kick and kick. It is really fun to watch... although you only like to be there for about 10-25 minutes and then you get bored and do your little scream cry. It is really funny... I think you get tired of moving around so much and you start to miss people. As soon as someone holds you, you are fine. I think you just like people and enjoy the attention, which makes me think you are going to be a very social person. 


You are the cutest baby I have ever seen. I know every mom has to say that about their baby, but it is totally true with you. You are so cute... and I LOVE all the faces you make. While you are sleeping, you make all kinds of faces (I think it is your face muscles trying out the faces you will be using later). You even laugh in your sleep... it is so cute! I can't wait to hear your actual laugh. I hope you have a great one.. a laugh that comes out all the time. I wonder what color eyes you are going to have... for now they are VERY blue! I think they will eventually turn brown like your dad's but I  LOVE seeing them blue for now.




Today was the first day we were left alone together for longer than a few hours. It is going great! I was even able to shower with you in your swing in the bathroom with me. You just hung out and talked to me. It was so great and I was so proud that you didn't even cry! You are getting so big. I can't get over the fact that you are already 10 pounds. 10 pounds! You have grown out of your newborn clothes and are wearing 1-3 months. I can't help but wonder how long you will be in these clothes... especially since you eat all the time! When you are awake, you eat almost every hour... but thankfully at night I have to wake you up to nurse! You are the best little boy.. you let us sleep 4 hours at a time. It is so wonderful!

You have only spent half of one night sleeping by yourself. Usually you are sleeping with me or your dad (except during the day we have started to let you sleep in your swing or rocking chair so we can get things done around the house). It is nice to have the snuggle time with you each night and I know that one day soon I will miss it (especially since we are going to try and have you sleep in the bassinet next to our bed soon). Some of my favorite times are napping with you on my chest or cuddling with you while you sleep at night. You are so sweet, especially when you are sleeping.



Well, I can't wait to see what the next month will bring- from what new faces you will make to the new sounds you will learn (as of now, you only really know the noise nnnnnnggaa. it is the cutest sound!). I wonder what things will be different next month; what milestones you will hit that you haven't yet. A part of me wants you to stay this little forever- my little snuggly son, but I also look forward to you learning so many things. I look forward to hearing your voice, hearing you say "I love you", going camping with you, teaching you to love reading, hearing you laugh, and watching you grow into a great man like your daddy.  Thank you for choosing me to be your mom. I have already changed so much in the one month you've been here in so many different ways. I love you so much, more than you can ever know (or at least until you have your own baby and can feel this love for yourself) and I know that my love will only continue to grow. 

xoxoxo,
 Mom

1 comment: