January 8, 2012

6 months

My dear little Miles,
     I know I say this all the time, but how is it you, my little baby are already 6 months old? You are such a joy. I can't imagine not having you around. We are just best buds. You smile at me all the time and I think I am your favorite person in the whole world... followed by your daddy and then grandpa Rod. I think you just really just love to play and socialize. You are the happiest baby and smile at almost everyone, even if you are super tired and grumpy.
     You are almost grown out of size 6-9 month clothes... you are already too big for the 6-9 jammies because you are so tall. You have done so much this month. You are so good at sitting now and are starting to grab things to stand. You even have started to try and push up to crawl- you're not too far away from being mobile... honestly, I kind of dread ( but at the same time am super excited) seeing you learning to crawl and walk. You still have so many things that make you my little baby that I am scared to see you grow up even more. Can't you just stay little a bit longer?
     My favorite part of the day is right after you wake up from any sleep. You are just so happy and willing to give me loves... you let me hold you and you put your head in my neck. It is so sweet.... I hope you never grow out of that.
     I find that the more and more time we spend together, the more I LOVE being your mom. There are times where you scream and it is tough, but over all, when I see your little face I am filled with so much love. I am looking at you right now, chewing on your purple hippo on your little jumpy and seeing you look at me with those loving eyes- it is making me well up with tears. I just love you.
     You are super teething! With two bottom teeth, you put EVERYTHING in your mouth. It is one of the things that every baby goes through, but it is different because you are mine. It is something new that you are doing. It is really cute to see you biting your little chewies. You don't even drool yet. It is just lots of biting (but you haven't bitten me yet, thankfully) and lots of munching.
      There are a few things that I don't want to forget-
*the way your eyes light up when I walk into a room or surprise you... you get the biggest smile on your face, like I am your whole world.
*the moans you make when you are falling asleep. You seem to fight sleep up until the very end.
*how absolutely curious you are. You want to touch and experience everything so much that you even grab my shirt and the blankets while you are half asleep and nursing at night.
*your gummy smile- this isn't going to last too much longer with all the teeth you are getting.
*the way you hold my finger when we nurse. It is so sweet.
*the way you grab your feet and eat them. I thought you might have grown out of this by now, but nope... it is so cute to see you laying on the floor holding your feet in your mouth.
*how you have started leaning into me when you want me to hold you or you want to nurse... it is a cute way you let me know you just need some mom time.

     You really are growing into your own person. You have likes and dislikes, moods, and wants. You have certain faces and favorite things. I love the little man you have grown to be and although I am a bit sad that you are half way to a year old, I am so proud of the little man you will be and I can't wait to see it. I love you Miles, more than even I understand. I look at you and all I can think of is how to make this moment last longer because I am going to blink and you will be 1 and then 10 and then 25. It is going to go too fast and I am going to look back and remember that you were the happiest baby I have ever met, I loved you with all of my heart, and you looked at me like I was your everything. Thank you for that son. You and your dad are my everything too.

With all of my love,
    your momma

No comments:

Post a Comment