April 13, 2012

Friday Update

1. Miles is 40 weeks old today... that means he is exactly double the age of conception.... that means that he is as old out of the womb as in... I don't know why but that makes me feel both happy and sad.
2. Miles did as well on the flight home as he did when we left. He slept the whole way :)
3. It was so much fun to see my family. Miles LOVED my dad and seems to make quick friends with any male he meets.
4. Miles went to the doctor yesterday and here's his stats for this month:
   He is 29 inches tall- this means he is in the 79% length for age
   He is 23 lbs 15oz- this means he is 95% weight for height, but 90% weight for age
   His head is 50cm around- the 98% for his age.
5. Miles still has his soft spot on his head (which is normal... they normally don't fully close until between 10 months to 24 months) BUT that combined with his head size gets Miles an ultrasound of his skull. I guess what can happen is the fissures in his skull can close too soon and it can force his soft spot to stay open. We have to schedule an appt to see if the fissures are closed.
6. While we were at church Miles hit his chin on a windowsill and bit his top gum with his bottom teeth. It bled but looked ok. After a few days, he developed what looked like a blood blister and today it looks like it popped. If I look by where he bit, I can see a little tooth! I think when he bit his gum he made the gum thinner and made room for his top tooth to start coming down.
7.  We have friends from Germany visiting and it is so fun! I love hanging out with one of my best friends all the time and it has been so great finally meeting her husband! PLUS she is pregnant so I get to rub her belly!
8. Miles has started to eat more grownup food lately. He had his first hotdog, ham, turkey, and more things I don't remember.
9. Today after our moms group, Miles fell asleep holding his toy. It was so funny I had to take a picture!
10. Miles rode his first four-wheeler while at my dads... he took him around the yard and Miles loved it.
*
Miles and Mya playing together


Miles playing hide and seek with Uncle Dillan

Playing with their favorite toy at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Riding the four-wheeler with Grandpa

Best buds

Happy boy eating his first hotdog

Miss Mya eating a cookie... what a cutie!

Saying goodbye at the airport

Hanging out at the park today

sleeping with his toy on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment