April 12, 2012

Nine months

Miles,
     This last month has been full of greatness and more crying than I'd like to admit. You have the happiest disposition ever, BUT whenever you want to be held, are tired, or are around people you don't know, you cry... a lot. It has been difficult because the only reason for the tears are you want to be held. Maybe I've  spoiled you.... ok, I don't think of it as spoiling more like loving you but that doesn't change the fact that you love your mom and dad. Your dad and I have used a lot of the attachment parenting theory and it works! You are super attached to mom and dad. You love us and want to spend all your time around us. It is sweet and mostly it is wonderful, but there are moments that are tough. Right now your dad is in the kitchen and you are crawling all over his legs just wanting him, but he is trying to cook and that makes it a bit challenging.
     You LOVE your daddy. I think this is a relatively new thing because you used to want me all the time but now you can't get enough of daddy. When we visited family, you loved all the men around you. I think it is because daddy wasn't with us so you just decided to love any male you saw. It was so sweet to see you bonding with Grandpa Griz. You just loved him so much and if he came in the same room as you, you just had to have him hold you and play with you. I love how much you loved your Grandpa.
     While we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa, we also got to see a bunch of other family including cousin Mya! You played so well with her. It was the first time I have ever seen you actually play with another baby. Normally you just play by them but never really interact with other kids, but with cousin Mya you would follow her around and play with whatever she was playing with. One of the cutest things was when Mya would give you loves. She would walk over to you, stand behind you (just in case you decided to pull her hair she was out of the way), put her arms around you and squeeze! It was so sweet.
     I can't believe you are already nine months old. You only have 3 more months until you are a whole year old! It is so crazy how quickly you are growing. You are so close to walking. You actually took 3 steps for Grandpa, but really can't walk on your own. You stand up really well, but still use the side of your feet a bunch. I think once you stop using the side of your feet as much you will be able to walk more easily.
     You are still my little chatter box. If you are awake, no one else can sleep. You don't really spit any more, but you do say "AAAAAAAAAA"  all the time. You also started saying mom but don't really say it much anymore. I love that you said momma first. It was so sweet to hear your little voice saying mom, momomommom, momma. It was so great!
     Well, hopefully this next month will be full of more laughter, less tears, and even more happiness. I love you so much Miles and can't imagine you being any different.

I love you more than I can ever express,

Love,
   Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment