May 8, 2012

Ten months

Miles,
     How is it you are already 10 months old? It seems like time is just flying by and now I have to start planning your first birthday! How can you already be almost one?  It seems like you have always been here, but at the same time I can remember being pregnant with you. You make momma realize that each day is so important because it life goes so fast. This last month has been a joy, but also difficult.
     You have learned so much this month! You learned to say dada, you now remember things- like where we put the Jezzie's food, where your favorite toys usually are, that when I say dad's home you know to look at the garage door, and so much more. You also now look at the Jezzie when I say her name, and when I say "look at the baby honey," to daddy you stop whatever you were doing, look innocent, smile, and look at daddy.
     You LOVE to eat whatever we are eating and you go mmmm....mmmmmmmm......aaaaaaa....mmmm....aaaaa... and smack your lips until we give you a bite of whatever we have. You really like to eat beans, bananas, any kind of lunch meat, oatmeal, noodles, vanilla wafers, greek yogurt, and although we don't let you- you really want to try chips. I think you like the crunchy sound it makes when we eat them. Usually I try to give you some mums if you really want something crunchy.
     Right now you are napping on the chair, all by yourself. It is nice. You eat and I rock you and then once you fall asleep, I put you down and you nap alone! Lately you have been napping for 90 minutes at a time... it is a wonderful time for me to read and spend a few minutes to myself..... not that you aren't fun to be with and that I love you so much, but momma needs a few minutes to herself to be a better momma to you.
     We visited Grandpa Griz and Grandma and you had a blast with Grandpa... you were his little mini-me. Whenever he was in a room you wanted his full attention and cried if he left you, stood up, held any other baby but you, or generally did anything without you. It was really cute. I'm sure you and Grandpa will be great friends for forever.
     You are also best friends with daddy. You love when he comes home and fast crawl to him as soon as he is in the door. I think the only one who can beat you to daddy is Jezzie... she seems to race you to dad and win most of the time. Seeing you and dad together is a great thing. I know you will grow up to admire him and be just like dad.
   Well Miles, it seems with every month my love for you grows. You are amazing. You are so smart and loving... a mom can tell these things so soon :) I hope you stay sweet and that you grow up to be a wonderful man, like daddy. We both love you so much and I can't wait to see what the next few days, weeks, months, and years will bring.

With lots and lots of love,
  your one and only Momma
barely a month old








 

No comments:

Post a Comment