December 14, 2013

Family update

I am getting horrible about these blogs. Anyway, the reason I haven't been blogging is we are expecting baby #2 at the end of May! I didn't want to blog about it before I hit the second trimester but we are there now, so yea!!

Carl and I decided we wanted to start trying for baby #2 and it only took a month before we were pregnant. It was kind of shocking since it took 8 months before we were pregnant with Miles. Because it took so long with Miles but didn't take long with this one, it hasn't felt real until just a few days ago. It seemed like I was just sick for 6 weeks. 

My body hates the first trimester. All I want to do is sleep, sit, and eat (although I experience such bad nausea that nothing sounds even remotely good enough to eat). It makes for interesting times. I feel like from week 5 to week 11 I had the stomach flu that just wouldn't go away. Thankfully my doctor have me some medicine to help with nausea so I wasn't totally useless with Miles running around all day. Poor kid was a bit neglected at first. I think he loved it because it meant extra movies and snacks because I was too sick to play and make food. 

I'm feeling 100% better now and feel like my old self again. The only difference is now I have an avocado sized baby in my tummy and have already started showing. My belly looks just like it did when I was 4 months with Miles, even though I'm only 3 months. My belly feels huge! Because I know what to expect a bit more, I can feel my uterus and actually feel where the baby is laying. I feel his/her little body. It is really neat. 

We have decided to wait to find out gender until the baby gets here (as long as I don't give in and find out earlier, lol). I think it would be a great memory to have us finding out if we have a boy or girl when Carl catches him or her and sees for himself.

Here is a quick snapshot of baby from our last ultrasound 

It's kind of hard to see, but he/she was sucking the thumb in this next pic  you can see the fist right by his/her mouth.


Little one is growing good and everything has settled back into a normal routine. Just in time for the holidays! 




No comments:

Post a Comment