December 8, 2011

5 months

Miles,
     I can't believe how quickly time is going by. It seems like you have been a part of our family forever, but at the same time it feels like you should only be a few weeks old. You are almost a half of a year! This month has been SO fun! I feel like we are best pals and we just get to play and hang out all day long.
     You have once again learned a lot about life this month. You learned how to roll over onto your tummy from your back and you do it ALL the time. Everytime you are put on your back, you push your leg over and roll! It is so funny to watch because you HATE being on your tummy and after about 10 seconds you start to cry a bit. You struggle so much when you are on your tummy. You make little silly breathing sounds until I come and turn you over.... then you just roll over again. So, instead of putting you on the floor, I now put you in your jumpy.
     You started to to play with your tongue again this last month. You would cry and wiggle your tongue around to make silly sounds. It was really fun to see and hear, but you only did if for about a week and now have stopped playing with your noises. It is kind of sad. I just love each thing you start to do. It seems like every week brings on something else you figure out or you enjoy. I am so excited to start showing you food next month.
     You are so curious. You want to touch, taste, and figure out everything. It is exciting. It is neat to be able to look at life through your eyes... to you everything is so intresting and so wonderful. We took a bath yesterday and you were hitting the water trying to figure out how to hold it. It was really cute to watch. I just love your sweet curious expression. Miles, you like to get into EVERYTHING! Grandma says that I better watch out when you learn to crawl because you will be into everything.
     You are still so ticklish! I find new spots to tickle all the time. Your newest is along your spine. When I tickle you, you have the sweetest gummy smile. Seeing and hearing you laugh is my favorite thing. It makes up for whatever trouble you have made or the amount (or lack of amount) of sleep. Speaking of sleep, this month has been a bit weird. I think you went through a growing spurt because you decided to wake up every 2 hours to eat... and that (not so) fun phase lasted about 3 weeks. Well, you are finally over that and are going 4-5 hours without eating. It is nice to get a bit more sleep!
     You have your daddy's temper! Whenever you want something you can't reach, are bored, or just are mad in general, you yell. You do this cry yell thing that is super loud and kind of annoying, lol. I hate hearing the cry yell that you make.... it is definitely few and far between (and mostly happens at night when you are SUPER tired).  It is a slow to burn temper, the kind of temper that comes after lots of complaints and goes away just as quickly as it comes.
     Now for a few little things I don't want to forget:
Grandma Joni calls you boo boo.
You are SO close to sitting on your own.
You look nothing like you did when you were born.
You still get little bags under your eyes when you are tired.
You are so strong! You grip things so hard and push and try so hard to get what you want.
You are also so strong willed! You want what you want, when you want it.
You make little noises when you are hungry, kind of like swallowing.
You like to be scared..... not totally scared, but startled. You like when I do something unexpected or when I act like I'm going to drop you. Adrenaline Junky!
You HATE when something blows on your face.

I love you Miles. I love your cute smile, your sweet laugh, your little binky mouth you get after sucking on the binky for awhile, I love the crazy hair you get after laying down, your long eyelashes, and your sweet hand you lift up for me to kiss while you nurse.... but most of all I love being your mommy and I can't imagine my life without you (so  make sure and take good care of yourself so I never have to know what it's like without you).

     You are the bast baby.... I love seeing what new thing each day brings. Don't grow up too fast.

xoxoxo,
  your mommy
a.k.a. mama-  I'd love it if you'd start calling me that soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment