February 8, 2012

7 months

Miles,
     I know I say this a lot, but this month has flown by! You have learned so much and really are the best baby. You are so curious, like your daddy, and very stubborn, like me (and on a side note, I was totally right when I made this post!). I love that you are interested in the world around you. You especially like the things that your dad and I use most often, including our cell phone, the laptop, the remote, straws from our drinks, anything we are eating, the wipes case, and really anything we happen to have at any given moment.
     You have started being afraid of strangers, but only when I am not with you. Your grandma was here for a few days this month and you cried when she kissed you because I was in the kitchen and you couldn't see me. She was a little sad, but I think you will end up being best friends with Grandma... after all, she will be the one who spoils you, gives you whatever you want, and will be the person you compare me too (but Grandma lets me!). I know that this sudden aversion to others will go away soon, but for now I am trying to take advantage of the fact that I am your favorite person in the whole world. Your face lights up anytime you see me.... even if it's just been a second or two. I think your dad is secretly jealous and envies our relationship, but I also know that when you get bigger you will stop thinking mom is cool and will want to be just like dad. I am not sure how I will feel when this times comes, but I don't really have much of a say... so I guess what I'm saying is try to not grow up too fast because I love being your best friend and I hope to stay that way for as long as possible.
     You really are the light of my day. I love you and your dad so much. Waking up to your smiling face makes each morning so much better, even when you wake up at 6:30 and are ready to play the second you open your eyes. The mornings are my favorite time. You are so happy to just do whatever- play, sit alone, play with me, sit in your highchair, or play in your crib. You are just happy to be awake and with me. It is great! On the flip side, your toughest time of day is from 8 to 9pm. Your dad says that you have a clock inside that tells you when it is almost 8 and a switch flips and all of a sudden you can't do anything independently and you just cry. It is crazy because no matter what time you wake up or when your last nap was, you are always cranky from 8-9.
     Well, I feel like this month has gone by in a whirl of you learning to stand, pull yourself to sitting, scooting backward, and finally crawling forward. You are so smart. When looking at the development charts, you are advanced in what things you do. Most babies can barely sit up and you are already mobile AND pulling yourself up to sanding AND you can walk along the side of the table while you stand- most 8 month old's can't do that and you have been doing that for a few weeks now! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, lol... you do have Carl for a dad :)
     These last 7 months have been amazing. You have your own little personality- likes and dislikes, and I am so excited to see the little man you are going to be. I love you Miles, you are my little monkey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for picking me to be your momma.

p.s. it would be great if you could show your love for me by saying momma before dada... thanks

-Mom
cool dude Miles

holding on to my neckless, even when asleep- see, you do play ALL the time

eating an apple while you sit next to me

playing in the playroom



you crawled under the table!

standing up!

standing in your playpin

eating our snack- Mum Mum for you!

Happy boy, even before bed time

Sleeping on me

No comments:

Post a Comment