April 26, 2011

29 Week Check-up

Today I had my 29 week check up and am officially going to be going every 2 weeks now. It is crazy to think that I am far enough along to have to go in every 2 weeks instead of every month. SOOO here are the highlights of the visit and what's new (I'll try to keep it brief)

-I have gained 1 lb in the last 2 weeks... that brings me up to gaining 5 lbs total for this pregnancy.

- My sugar level was 87 today so I don't have to do the 3 hour glucose test and am healthy! No diabetes here!

-Miles is STILL measuring big... about 3 weeks further than he should.

-IF he is still measuring big, I will have to get another ultrasound in another month or two to check his weight gain to see if I need to be induced early or given a c-section (we are going to try to avoid both of those options).

-Miles is still moving A TON! He moves almost all day- kicking, punching, elbowing, or rolling. He does it all and I have only a little idea of what his movements actually are.

- I have started a "home planning binder". I made the binder have a tab where you plan out your meals for the week, so on Sunday I plan the meals and on Monday I shop for the groceries. Then I don't have to worry about what to make all week or if we have the ingredients because I have them all on hand. It seems to be working and is really easy. The binder also keeps track of other stuff, like what I need to do today, weekly chores, shopping lists, freezer and pantry inventory, and a place to put our bills so they don't get lost.

- I am getting more and more excited to see our son.... I just can't wait to see what he looks like and his personality.

-Carl started his rotations with pediatrics yesterday and got to hold a 9 hour old baby girl this morning. I am so jealous... but doing this is making him more excited to hold Miles.

Everything is going great for us. We are just adjusting to Carl being in rotations -he is really busy and only gets one day off a week instead of the whole weekend. I am trying to be more organized so that when Miles does get here, I have a system in place to keep our home running. The binder seems to be working, but we'll see how long I actually like using it :) Also, I am still working on my baby shower decorations and am having a hard time finding the motivation to actually sit down and do them. I hope to find that motivation sometime soon but I know it will all get done before May 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment