May 27, 2011

Dinner time

Last night, Carl and I made the most AMAZING dinner! (although he would say I made it and he assisted a bit)

 We made........

Alfredo! It was so easy and the best alfredo I have had in a really long time (maybe even the best I have ever had... yes, it was that good!)

Here is the recipe I followed. I used whole wheat pasta, added steamed broccoli and chopped fresh tomatoes, AND Carl made Parmesan chicken that I chopped up and added as well. It turned out SO good! Good enough that I commented to Carl, " this is the kind of dinner where you want to lick your bowl." 

The only down side was it used a lot of dishes..... although I think we could have used less if I had made the chicken earlier or made it in a skillet instead of on the grill. The dishes that got used was our little grill for the chicken, a blender for the sauce, my steamer pot (which is 2 pots... one filled with water and another with holes in it to steam veggies) with the noodles cooking in the water under the steaming broccoli, and a skillet. So, I ended up with a sink full of dishes to do this morning... BUT it was TOTALLY worth it! Sooo... If you want to try the guiltless alfredo sauce sometime, let me know what you thought of it!


I thought I would also include a pic I took yesterday of my ever growing belly and new haircut!!! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. i am going to try this alfredo (: i'll let you know how it goes (:

    ReplyDelete