May 24, 2011

My week in Farmington

I spent all of last week visiting in Farmington and thought I would share the highlights of my trip

- Lauren (who hosted my baby shower, along with my mom) ran me around! We went to tons of stores (target, party stores, the mall, cake stores, ect), getting the baby shower stuff bought and put together.

- Carl stayed home until late Friday night and although I missed him everyday, I slept better than I had been for the last month and a half.

- I often forgot to eat at my normally scheduled snack time and ended up really hungry for lunch almost everyday.

- I cut my hair on Tuesday. I decided to be radical and just go for what I thought would look good....this included bangs. I haven't had bangs since I was 17 but I think they look good. I also colored my hair really dark, but I think it is the closest to my natural color that I have been in a long time. Now I just hope I don't regret this choice when I'm in labor or when Miles gets here.

- Lauren and I ate California Pizza Kitchen's pizza and appetizer and it was so good! I was very surprised that it tasted more like a delivery pizza than most of the frozen varieties and the dip was SO good!

- Thursday it rained so hard that I took a "stay at home day" to rest and recoup from all the fun Lauren and I were having. The rain lasted right up until the baby shower.

-Saturday came too fast! It seemed like the week went by and all of a sudden it was baby shower day!

- We had a bunch of great food, friends, and family that made my baby shower so fun. It was a great day,  full of love and support. 

- So many people volunteered to help clean up that it only took us 30 minutes to undo what had taken Lauren and I days to accomplish. 

- Sunday morning Carl and I went on a photo shoot with his sister Linley. She took so many pictures and even though I have only seen 10, I know they are all going to be so great. I can't wait to print them and put them all around the house. I will definitely be posting the pics whenever I get them.

- I am now even more excited for Miles to get here because Lin is going to take his pictures too!! So we will have super cute pics of our new little one :)

- We finally got home Sunday night around 8:30 pm. I decided this was my las time traveling while pregnant. It is too hard once you get this far along to be comfortable in a car. 3 hours feels like forever and everything ends up super cramped and uncomfortable... thank goodness it was only 3 hours :)

- I already have everything unpacked and put away... this includes all the baby stuff. It was fun to go through it all and realize that I am so close to seeing my son...  5 to 8 weeks left. That's it... 5-8 weeks and I won't be pregnant anymore and my baby will be here. Honestly that is a bit scary and sad, but happy and exciting at the same time.

- I promise to update soon with more pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment