September 30, 2010

FOOD!!




I wanted to post a pic of a salad I made the other day that was delish! It had garden tomatoes and avacado with spinach and italian dressing.

I also wanted to show you what yummy thing I made today :)

Yesterday I had the thought of how good some chicken soup would be, if only it didn't have chicken in it. So today, I made some soup! Here is what I did:

  • Pour some veggie stock into a pot (yes this is really how I cook... I don't really measure things)
  • Cut up about 3 stocks of celery and 1/4 of an onion.
  • Cook the celery and onion in a skillet with about 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp of minced garlic.
  • While the celery and onion are cooking, chop up some baby carrots (i did about 1/4 of a bag) and put the carrots in the pot with the veggie stock.
  • When the onions and celery are clear, put them in the pot with the carrots.
  • Add seasonings (i used parsley, chives, tyme, and oragano).
  • Add noodles and cook for about 20 min.

The soup was SO good! It is a lot like chicken soup without chicken LOL. I ate it all up with a bit of bread and thought it was very flavorful and was surprisingly filling. If you are in the mood for some super good soup that is really easy to make, I would suggest trying homemade veggie soup like mine :D

1 comment:

  1. That looks way good I need to start cooking things like this again. But, it's kinda too hot for soup right now :(. I Love that you still are blogging!

    ReplyDelete