September 8, 2011

Two Months Old

Miles,
   You are now a whole 2 months old. It seems like you were born yesterday, but also seems like you have always been a part of our lives. You are starting to really show your personality.  I am writing this as you stair at me while swinging in your swing. We both know you want to be held, but it is just too tough to type and hold you.You love to be held, especially by mom or dad.... but especially by mom and especially when you are tired. The only places you can nap is with me or in the swing... thank goodness for the swing.
     You are getting so big that people now ask how old you are and when I actually tell them, they are shocked you are only two months, not four or five. I have a feeling you are going to be very tall. I read on a baby webpage that around 2 months is when babies can start to grip things. Well, sure enough you can grip toys... although not for too long and you end up just hitting yourself in the head. I think we are going to need a few more weeks of practice.
     You have finally found your voice and laugh and smile. Such accomplishments! You now "talk" all the time and squeal whenever you remember you can. When you see me or Carl smile, you smile so big back. It really makes my day. You love to have our attention. When you start to do your yell-cry, usually it is to just get our attention and after we look at you, you smile so big and laugh. It is really cute (but I'm not really sure how long this will continue to be cute).
      I love everything about you. The way your hair is now is crazy looking and only looks cute when I lotion it into a mohawk. The way you are super chatty when you wake up and just want me to sit and listen to you. How you sleep with your arms up by your face (like me) and how you try to pinch me with your long toes (like your dad). You seem to be finding lots of things lately... including your hands. You still don't have great control of them, but whenever they get close to your face your mouth opens and about 50% of the time your fist ends up in it. You love to suck on your fist and when you do you make super suck noises and end up with drool all over your hand and face. You really don't seem to mind.
      I have started holding you in a sweet green blanket and you love it. You like to feel it on your soft skin and I have caught you actually eating it a time or two... thank goodness I wash it often.
     I love our little moments together and actually cherish our days alone. It is nice that we get to spend so much time together. I feel like this time lets me get to know you really well. The days where you are big and no longer can fit in my lap are going to come too fast. I want to be able to look back and say I didn't miss anything. Which reminds me, you are not allowed to grow up. Well, at least don't grow up to fast.
    I hope you learn to nap alone in the next month or two, but if not that's ok with me (remember, don't grow up to fast).


xoxox,
 Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment