April 18, 2013

Day fifteen- how we fell in love

15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how you fell in love

I guess there wasn't a real moment where I thought he was the one. Not really just one time when I realized it... More like I respected him and liked him and it just kept growing until I did love him. We were friends long before we started dating so I think loving was gradual and has become deeper and deeper as time has gone on.

Anyway, we met out junior year in High School and were friends for almost a year before we started dating. We dated for awhile before actually saying I love you. I don't even remember our first verbal 'I love you' but the one I do remember was actually in an email. I was in Cabo on vacation with my dad and stepmom, friend, and brother. Carl and I were writing emails back and forth and on one of the emails Carl wrote love as a sign off. I don't think he even knew he did it, but it was the start of the love word in our relationship.

Like I said, we fell in love slowly. I always thought Carl was smart and cute, even before we were dating. I admired him and we had a lot of times where we just talked. I think the first moment he ever thought of me as more than a friend was our first real date. We went to our homecoming dance together and I think seeing me all dressed up made Carl see that we could be more than friends. I always wanted to be more, so when we kept on dating I liked him more and more. It was a slow burning love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment