April 7, 2013

Day four- my 16 year old self

#4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.

Man, this is a tough one. I think that 16 is a crazy age. It's full of fun and adventure but still so emotional and hard.

1. Don't worry so much about the friends you make, I promise it all works out.
2. Appreciate living at home, it all ends too soon and then you have to worry about so much more.
3. Tell your parents you love them more. You will be a grown up before you know it.
4. Your life turns out great so don't sweat the small stuff.
5. Don't be too hard on yourself. People make mistakes. It is a way to learn and grow.

I guess that's it... Only 5, but I had a great childhood. There are only a few things I regret from my teen years and a few things that stuck with me but overall it was a good time. There are some things I would tell myself to not do but that is a bit more personal than I'd like to share here. A few things that I wish never happened, but they did shape who I am. It seems like the teen years are so tumultuous. All I know is that those years are something I am glad I never have to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment